CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Again...



So today, Roy went to Oahu to begin the process of his 2nd deployment to the Middle East. You know, they worked on his will, stated who his dependants are, updated the contact information for the people the Army needs to call if Roy gets hurt, lost or is killed.

Sigh, again. He's doing this again. We're doing this again. Again.

This picture was taken the day Roy returned to US soil. My favorite military term from that was "Boots on the Ground." His safety was not guaranteed till... his boot's were on the ground. This was on 13 January 2006, at Kalaeloa, Oahu. Tomorrow will make a mere 2 years that he and the rest of the Hawaii Army National Guard soldiers returned home from participating in Operation Iraqi Freedom III.

They said that training may begin as early as mid-summer 2008. 12 month deployment.

Again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kim,

If I was there I would lend you a shoulder to lean on (again and again :). Alas I am not there so I will have to find ways of supporting you with words...

I tired to come up with an again poem but it always seemed to get repetitious - again and again and again.....

So instead I offer up this humble thought....on repeating....

CLERK: Please repeat after me: "I swear by Almighty God..."
WITNESS: "I swear by Almighty God."
CLERK: "That the evidence that I give..."
WITNESS: That's right.
CLERK: Repeat it.
WITNESS: "Repeat it".
CLERK: No! Repeat what I said.
WITNESS: What you said when?
CLERK: "That the evidence that I give..."
WITNESS: "That the evidence that I give."
CLERK: "Shall be the truth and..."
WITNESS: It will, and nothing but the truth!
CLERK: Please, just repeat after me: "Shall be the truth and..."
WITNESS: I'm not a scholar, you know.
CLERK: We can appreciate that. Just repeat after me: "Shall be
the truth and..."
WITNESS: "Shall be the truth and."
CLERK: Say: "Nothing...".
WITNESS: Okay.
(Witness remains silent.)
CLERK: No! Don't say nothing. Say: "Nothing but the truth..."
WITNESS: Yes.
CLERK: Can't you say: "Nothing but the truth..."?
WITNESS: Yes.
CLERK: Well? Do so.
WITNESS: You're confusing me.
CLERK: Just say: "Nothing but the truth...".
WITNESS: Is that all?
CLERK: Yes.
WITNESS: Okay. I understand.
CLERK: Then say it.
WITNESS: What?
CLERK: "Nothing but the truth..."
WITNESS: But I do! That's just it.
CLERK: You must say: "Nothing but the truth..."
WITNESS: I WILL say nothing but the truth!
CLERK: Please, just repeat these four words: "Nothing", "But",
"The","Truth".
WITNESS: What? You mean, like, now?
CLERK: Yes! Now. Please. Just say those four words.
WITNESS: "Nothing. But. The. Truth."
CLERK: Thank you.
WITNESS: I'm just not a scholar.


scary thing is that is an actual court transcript.

Smile - I love ya!
PC

Kimberly said...

Your sooo funny PC... and like a good bra - your always so supportive!