CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Merrie Monarch

So, this weeks is Merrie Monarch here in Hilo.
Since I'm not much into Hula - this event doesn't affect me much. But... today while I was in KTA - Puainako, you could easily spot the MM people.

How..?
Way to over-dressed for grocery shopping.
All blinged out.. designer handbags (um, don't know if I would call Baby Phat designer?)...
looks like they going to a nightclub or party...
way to much make-up for 8am..
acreages of flora and fauna surrounding their heads and shoulders...
It was funny!!

Here's a link if you wanna check it out: Merrie Monarch

But the reason, why I took note to this was - while standing in the check out line.. the shoppers in front of me.. were loudly announcing how 'old fashion' this store was and 'deh no moe dat at home' (what ever "dat" was I have no clue).

Sad.. how these beautiful citizens.. look so cheap and ugly the minute they open their mouth and all this pidgin comes out. Sad.

Its one thing to degrade or belittle the place your visiting... if you dont like the limited resources we have here - dont come!

But if your gonna spend a lot of $$$ on material things - spend some of that on EDUCATION and learn to speak ENGLISH!

0 comments: