CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Christmas in July?

ChristmasImage via Wikipedia

The tv shows are playing re-run's of the Christmas episodes of various shows and movies. I love this whole Christmas in July thing.
My life used to skip over Christmas. Because all the years working in RETAIL - Christmas just fly's by. And besides, in retail, Christmas reaches the stores in August anyway.
But as soon as we had kids.. Christmas once again became a holiday to celebrate. The older we get, the realization that the season is actually so short - quickly prompted me to stretch out the holiday buzz.
I love playing Christmas music at the beginning of November. The music is such a great trigger for me. My Mom played Mitch Miller, Elvis Presley, Bing Crosby and Dean Martin Holiday albums. It was such a warm and loving time.
Now, I play the same but I like to add some jazzy (Pier 1 type) holiday music. I like to listen to the local musicians holiday music too - Kapena, Willie K, the Cazimeros Bros. And don't for get the instrumental and classical songs! Il Divo has a great holiday cd.

I hope that in the years that are ahead - my family will will celebrate the holiday with lots of love, memories, and music.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: