CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 12, 2009

FRG and Loco Moco

I wish I took pictures.
Today, I went to the Armory (KMR) to help the our FRG cook a meal to sell to the soldiers who were having a drills this weekend.

Apparently the meals that was planned for this weekend fell though and the soldiers were gonna have to eat MRE's. Not so yummy. So we seized the opportunity to earn some money. We are trying to raise funds to buy lei's and things for the returning soldiers.

There were a handful of ladies who had assembled to make Loco Moco plate lunches. The prices were a bit confusing to me.. but I was just working the assembling line.

All-in-all, it was a good day. It was nice to be around Roy's office and to see his desk. My heart ached a bit to see soo many men in ACU's (army combat uniform). I know that it makes him feel good knowing I'm there to support the troops at home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

forgive my ignorance - what is FRG?

Kimberly said...

Hello.. sorry I thought I wrote that out. FRG= Family Rediness Group. It used to be called Family Support Group.

And, I don't know what the "K" is in KMR. I thought it was for Kilauea Military Reserve - but I was wrong. I've asked Roy before, and I keep forgetting. He gets irritated that I can't remember.